Thursday, December 26, 2013

Song to a Long-Lost Friend

Dear O Dear Old Friend of Mine,

We shall meet for coffee (and headstands) after all of this time.

I’ll tell you where I’ve been and what I’ve done and what I’ve felt.
And you will then describe your own two years of life fresh dealt.
Then next, we’ll move along to our new dreams and future plans.
And who we hope to be the next bless’d time we’re shaking hands.

Yet when we part our ways we’ll both assume it’s all for show,
For who we’ll be and what we’ll do are things we’ll never know.
But therein lies the beauty of the stories that we’ll share
It’s through the heartfelt tales we tell, we show how much we care.

So even if we never live our lives quite like we dreamed
and even if the world proves less romantic than it seemed,
to see you after all this time will simply be enough,

for you, my friend, have filled my life with so much top-knotch stuff.


for james

December 25, 2013
Boulder, CO

No comments: